Understanding Medicare guidelines
Medicare is tricky. We'll try to make sense of it for you.
Services Medicare Covers
- 80% of the fee of medically necessary* chiropractic adjustments related to a recent (acute) injury or accident
Services Medicare Does NOT Cover
- Any service designed to slow or stop a chronic condition (including chiropractic adjustments)
- Any service with the intention of offering maintenance, wellness, or supportive benefits
- Any service considered routine or preventative
- Initial examinations, nerve scans, evaluations, or consultations
- Diagnostic X-rays
- Posture checks
- High intensity laser therapy (HILT)
- BEMER Microvascular Circulation therapy
- Custom orthotics
- Essential oils
- CBD products
If you have a secondary or supplemental policy, they may cover the portion Medicare doesn't cover. Please check with your insurance company for specific coverage as every policy is different.
*Medically necessary adjustments are those medicare thinks are helping actively treat a current, acute diagnosis. This is not a pre-set number of visits.